C:E:T platform Macedonia
CET platforma Skopje (ЦЕТ платформа Скопје) is a voluntary, non-profit, non-governmental, non-partisan association of citizens with mission to: strengthen civil society on local, national and European level, promote and protect the human rights, perform activities which encourage moral and civic values, strengthen inter-ethnic relations, empower youth in society, advocate for social inclusion of vulnerable groups, promote non-formal education and offer support, education, training and mobility opportunities to young people. Even though CET platforma Skopje is relatively new organisation, founded in January 2016, it is established by young, motivated, competent and experienced youth workers, leaders, activists and experts who are active in the civil sector and youth work from 2008. Furthermore, CET platforma Skopje is the FYRO Macedonian branch of the CET platform network that has member organisations in Serbia, Croatia, Poland, Montenegro, Slovenia, Kosovo, Italy, Bulgaria, Greece and Bosnia and Herzegovina who will support the development of CET platforma Skopje.
The vision of CET platform is to fulfil a broader social interest, to act and achieve objectives in the areas of civil society, democratic order and institutions, civic values, human rights, media, non-formal education and vulnerable categories of citizens in society. We strive to stimulate and sustain the personal, professional and social development of the local youth and to foster their active, civic and responsible participation in the educational, social, cultural, political and economic life in the communities they live in.
To achieve the mission and vision, CET platform’s main objectives and areas of work are:
– Development of civil society, democracy and democratic institutions;
– Promotion and protection of human rights, civic values and rights of vulnerable groups of citizens in society;
– Strengthening of interethnic and interreligious relations and contributing to equality and solidarity in society;
– Promotion and protection of media freedoms, rights and standards;
– Promotion of non-formal education among citizens, especially among young people;
– Support of marginalized people and contributing to their social inclusion in society;
– Affirmation of youth in society and stimulating their participation in decision-making;
– Encouraging and promoting the development and knowledge in the field of domestic, regional, European and international relations and cooperation;
– Promotion and development of creativity, innovation, sustainable development and entrepreneurship;
– Capacity building of civil society at the local and international level;
– Establishing cooperation with local and foreign NGOs, foundations, local governments, state institutions and other organisations whose objectives are compatible with the goals of CET platform.
Our experience and activities:
CET platform Skopje at the moment has 12 active members and 3 volunteers who belong to different ethnic, religious or gender groups that live in FYRO Macedonia. The members have different backgrounds and experiences, but many of them are active in youth work, non-formal education and grass-root activism from 2008, either as participants, coordinators or organisers of various local, national and international projects on different topics within different programmes such as: Youth in Action, Europe for Citizens, No Hate Speech Movement and Erasmus+. During these years of our work we gained a lot of experience, knowledge, skills, practices, tools and techniques on non-formal education, youth work and project management while working with young people from different cultural backgrounds from all around Europe and promoting intercultural dialogue and multiculturalism. We have knowledge and years of experience in project writing, project planning, project implementation and evaluation of local and international projects that we will be happy to share with the other participants of the project.
Most of our members have been volunteers or worked for other non-profit youth organisations in the past and have huge experience in preparing, managing and organising local and international activities. Few of the members have been EVS volunteers in different countries. Most of the members have a university diploma and have finished or still studying in various departments of different faculties, such as journalism, language studies, economy, law, diplomacy, mechanical engineering, technical and social work studies. The association is open to all who want to become members, regardless of ethnicity, beliefs, racial, religious or other affiliation.
Our working plan for this year envisions broadening of our activities and work on regional and international level, so this project will be perfect opportunity for us to meet, share experiences, knowledge and practices as well as to conclude valuable partnerships with various European youth organisation who are working in our fields of work.